Meet Out High School and Special Programs Teachers
Teaching is one of the most complicated jobs today, especially in an alternative school setting. It demands broad knowledge of subject matter, curriculum, and standards; enthusiasm, a caring attitude, and a love of learning; knowledge of discipline and classroom management techniques; and a desire to make a difference in the lives of young people. At NNVHS, making a difference is what drives teacher performanece. At NNVHS our teachers:
- set high expectations for all students.
- develop lesson plans that give students a clear idea of what they will be learning,
- are prepared and organized.
- engage students and get them to look at issues in a variety of ways
- form strong relationships with their students and show that they care about them as people.
- are masters of their subject matter.
- communicate frequently with parents.
At NNVHS our teachers are our greatest resource. They come to work every day and make a different in the lives of every student who enters their classroom.