Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Tutor individual students in reading, math, and/or language at ALLlevels (elementary through high school)
- Work with beginning, intermediate, and advanced English language learners
- Assist with general office work answering phones, photo copying, etc.
- Work a 2-4 hour shift as an adult education teacher aide (data entry, follow-up phone calls, photo copying, grading, etc.)
- Help organize or assist with a NEO events and projects such as a College and Career Fair, graduation ceremony, fundraising events, marketing, alumni group outreach, etc. See below for current projects we need help with
Current Task-Specific Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer to help with NEO’s November 2 5K Bright Futures Glow Run
- Contact alumni (New Vistas High School and Adult Education GED & HSE graduates for follow-up data
- Painting west exterior side of the building (anytime this fall)
- Begin to “blaze” a walking trail through NEO’s 20 acres of undeveloped land
- Lend your expertise to NEO’s Capital Campaign, fundraising and marketing initiatives
Enjoy working with people
- Conduct self in a professional, caring, and respectful manner
- Commit to a schedule and activity that works for them
- Be a high school or GED/HSE graduate and pass a criminal background check which is provided by NEO at no cost to the volunteer
For more information, please contact Rebecca Reiner (219)841-7046 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for a flyer to share this information.
For more information, please contact Rebecca Reiner (219)841-7046 or email@example.comClick Here for a flyer to share this information.
To read more about NEO’s wonderful volunteers, check out this NWI Times article