New Vistas High School
“Remember, there are no mistakes, only lessons,” Unknown
Instructor: Miss S. Schmidt
Contact Information: email@example.com
Phone: (219) 850-4448 Extension 7115
Plan Period: 2:04 – 3:14
The freshman year of English Language Arts is dedicated to developing high school level reading, writing, speaking, listening, and research skills. We will read novels, short stories, poetry, fiction, and nonfiction. We will learn more about writing essays, business/college writing, expository writing, and creative writing.
* A pen or pencil
* A book for free reading
Attendance is very important! Please try to attend class every day. You must be in school in order to learn! J Coming to school every day also helps establish good workplace habits. Make up work will be given at full credit for all excused absences. You can attend after school study tables to complete make up work for any unexcused absences.
All classroom grades will be posted on the Power School website. You can find your grade at any time. Therefore, you should NEVER be surprised by your grade. It is your responsibility to remained informed. I am always willing to help, as long as you are willing to do your part! J
New Vistas Core Expectations
- Be on time.
- Come prepared and ready to learn.
- Show respect to all staff and students.
- Have your ID at all times.
* Bring necessary materials to class every day.
* No sleeping. You must be awake and listening in order to learn.
* Electronic devices should be used only when appropriate.
* Do your own work.
* No food or drink is allowed in the classroom.
Consequences for Inappropriate Cell Phone Use
- Verbal reminder to put the device away
- Device will be collected until the end of the class period
- Repeated offenses will result in loss of the device until the end of the day.