21st Century ScholarsIndiana’s 21st Century Scholars Program offers income-eligible Hoosier students up to four years of paid tuition at an eligible Indiana college or university after they graduate from high school. In middle and high school, 21st Century Scholars are connected to programs and resources to help them plan, prepare, and pay for college. Once in college, Scholars receive support to complete their college degrees and connect to career opportunities.
Students and their parents must complete and return the application by June 30 of the 8th grade year.
Scholar Success Program
The chart below shows all 12 requirements that Scholars must complete during high school to receive their 21st Century Scholarship. In addition to completing these requirements, Scholars are required to PERFORM Academically. Scbolars must graduate from high school with a Core 40 diploma and a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Scholars are also highly encouraged to pursue a Core 40 diploma with Academic Honors or Technical Honors to increase their level of academic preparation and to provide them with the widest range of options after high school graduation.
- Graduation Plan should be updated annually to keep student on track for high school graduation and college admission.
- Career Interest Assessment can be completed online via the Indiana Career Explorer at LearnMoreIndiana.org/Careers.
- Workplace Experience includes job-shadowing, internship, part-time employment or related career-focused experience.
- College Entrance Exam includes the ACT and/or SAT.
- College Costs Estimator can be completed online via the Indiana College Costs Estimator at LearnMoreIndiana.org/Costs.
- Scholarship Search can include any additional scholarship opportunity beyond the 21st Century Scholarship for which student is eligible.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be submitted by March 10th of the student’s senior year of high school.
- College Success 101 and Paying for College 101 learning modules can be completed online at LearnMoreIndiana.org/Scholars (beginning fall 2013).